We are pleased to announce the release of OptiTune Version 4.0.
OptiTune V4.0 adds the following new features and updates:
- Remote Connect – Connect to any computer in your organization that is connected to the internet, and control its desktop with your keyboard and mouse. This was our most frequently requested feature by customers.
- To try it out, go to the Computer Details page, and click on “Remote Connect”, or go to Remote Support > Computers.
- It doesn’t matter if the computer is behind a firewall, as long as it has outgoing HTTPS access.
- You can also transfer files to/from the remote computer using Tools > File Transfer menu option from the Remote Connect software menu.
- Note that this feature is new, and different from the existing Remote Assistance feature, where an end user makes a request for remote assistance through the OptiTune Support Center.
- Organization Structure – Define a hierarchy which accurately reflects your organizational structure, as it relates to your IT assets and computers. You can define a hierarchy of Departments, Sites, Companies, and Customers. This feature makes it easier to manage thousands of computers that may belong to different companies, internal departments, or physical locations. It’s also quite useful for Managed Service Providers (MSPs) that manage many different customers, all from the same OptiTune organization.
- Group Membership Rules – Now, instead of manually assigning computers to a group, you can define group membership rules to automatically include computers in a group. You can define membership rules to match the following types of information associated with a computer:
- Client ID
- Computer Type (desktop, laptop, server)
- OS Version
- Windows Install Date
- Total Physical Memory
- Domain Name
- Computer Name
- System Manufacturer
- System Model
- Hard Drive
- Video Card
- Application Exists
- Malware Protection
- Malware Threat Status
- Customized Agent Installer – For an end user friendly installer that is fully customizable with your own branding, company name, and logos, you can generate a custom installer which will install the OptiTune agent on a computer. You can even change the application name and publisher name, so the user won’t even know you are using OptiTune, and will only see your branding information.
With the “clientid” parameter, you can now automatically associate a computer with a specific group. For example, you could have one agent installer that you would give to your accounting department, and a different installer that you could give to your sales department, and these computers will automatically show up in the correct group.
You can customize the following details of the installer:
- Application Name
- Publisher Name
- Installer Icon (used by the installer, and the Add/Remove Programs entry)
- Installer Background image
- End User License Agreement (EULA)
- Post Install application (run an executable you provide after the OptiTune agent is installed)
If you haven’t already signed up for OptiTune, try it free for your first year