We are pleased to announce the release of OptiTune Version 4.8
OptiTune V4.8 is a major update, and adds the following new features and updates:
- Cloud Storage – Previously, when creating a new Install Task, the user needed to upload the installation package file (.bvx) to their own local file server, https webserver, or cloud service (Amazon S3, Azure Storage, etc…). With the new release, each organization in OptiTune is granted a 5 GB storage account and can upload installer packages directly in the OptiTune management website. Files of up to 16 GB in size are supported.
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) Delivery – Now, when an installation package is deployed through OptiTune, it will be delivered through a global CDN with over 44 unique geographic locations worldwide. This allows the fastest possible download speeds for the OptiTune agents to retrieve installation packages and install applications on managed computers.
- Cloud File Management – From the “Server Settings” > “Cloud Storage” page, a listing of all uploaded files is displayed, along with total storage usage. The user can upload or delete additional files as long as the storage quota is not exceeded. Each file can also be downloaded using a unique URL.
- Cloud Storage Quota – Each organization is granted a 5 GB cloud storage quota, including free/trial accounts. To request an increase in your organization’s storage quota, please email us at email@example.com. Additional charges may apply.
- Installer Task Updates – The install task page was revised with the following changes:
- Unencrypted .bvx packages – You no longer need to encrypt “.bvx” files when creating an install task, so they can be reused across different organizations in OptiTune. When creating a “.bvx” file using the Package Wizard, leave the “account certificate” field blank to create an unencrypted package.
- Unpackaged Installer Support – If the application’s installer is available as a single file, you can upload it directly in the Install Task page, or reference the URL from which the installer is available to save on your storage quota usage. Both .exe and .msi based installers are supported.
- Installer Upload – Upload the installer package (.bvx) or file (.exe or .msi) directly in the Install Task page.
- Script Task Updates – The script task page was revised to allow the user to upload companion package files directly in the page, with the size limit increased from 50MB to 5GB. Unencrypted .bvx packages are also supported. Each time a script is executed on a managed computer, the companion package file is downloaded and extracted into the script’s directory before the script is executed.
- Improved MSI installer support – Some issues in the OptiTune agent were fixed which prevented the direct installation of a 32-bit .msi file on 64-bit systems under some conditions.